Saturday, May 19, 2007

"endings" are never truly the end


You lied to me and the evidence is as lucid as ever. Clearer than that imaginary light bulb flashing over one’s head in a moment of brilliance, it is undeniably plain and simple. What, did you think I would never notice? Am I that gullible when perceived through your eyes of indifference and apathy? This is how you got to where you inevitably did, isn’t it? You self-interested, cunning, manipulative prick; do I not have a soul, a heart and conscience worth fostering? Even if I was not worth your minute ounce of mortal considerateness, what about the rest? Did you honestly believe you were going to be able to get it past them as well? I suppose personal justification, no matter how erroneous it is, can alleviate the guilt from the most unemotional and impenetrable soul. And this is the most frightening aspect; the fact that you actually and dare I say, honestly believe that what you have been doing is right. Your choices of personal gain and intolerance are without question seen as logically appropriate and utterly acceptable through your eyes. It is the only deducible conclusion I can draw for a man that continues to walk with a stature of pure confidence and assurance; ignorance in its most self righteous form –no one can put on an exterior wall of fabrication to this proportion, it is not doable.

Fortunately, for every single decent person on this planet, your time is nearly at a close. Life under that ostentatious and cocky smirk is done. No longer will we have to stare into those monotonous squinty eyes of seeming poise that are in actuality, masking your true essence of incompetence, confusion, and ineptitude. Nevertheless, your legacy or should I say, path of terror and destruction will never totally be gone. In my lifetime, its residual effects will continue to be apparent; undoubtedly, thousands of innocent people will continue to die under your name, your cause. And yet, you will sit indifferent to it all. You will remain steadfast in all your previous choices and decisions for as we all have been told (and unrelentingly been shown), confliction, reflection, and true personal honesty are all values that are readily reviled; acts that form a mold of weakness and debility that we do not want to see from those in authoritative roles.

Ultimately, I simply want to know one thing: How do you sleep at night?

1 comment:

Myszka said...

I meant sober as in "sane".
not as in, I am always drunk, which you know I am not.

how are you?

I have not read your blog in quite some time and am excited to do so right now.